I have been a boxing fan all my life and this is my first article, first of many. I am a little tired of every article being AJ this Golovkin-Canelo that, Eubank Junior blah blah blah!!! Ok I’m not belittling them at all far from it as they are all great fighters but I cannot keep reading the same stuff all the time! Let’s take a brief look at some new blood!!!
Daniel Dubois

2017 gave a glimpse in to the future of our lovely sport with the emergence of some serious looking fighters. Huge punching Brit Daniel ‘DDD’ Dubois who is currently 6 fights 6 KO,s and looking as if he could hang with anyone in the division right now. I think by the end of 2018 DDD will have added another 4 or 5 victories to his record and will be knocking hard on the door of the top tier of the heavyweight division. I would back him against most British heavyweights right now and would love to see him setting his sights on the likes of Hughie Fury or David Price Asap. I really think Daniel can go all the way to the top and his style will never fail to excite the fans.
Anthony Yarde
Another Brit who will undoubtedly make a huge impact in 2018 is Anthony Yarde now this guy is another who looks the complete fighter right now, and with a record of 14 fights 13 KO,s and now ranked in the top 5 by the WBO he has the attention of all the light heavyweight division and with the power he posses would be a dangerous fighter for anyone step in the ring with. I am not sure I can see too many guys in the light heavyweight division wanting to sign a contract to fight Yarde as he is a very good fighter.Josh Kelly
In the Welterweight division Josh ‘ Pretty Boy’ Kelly my top British prospect as with an unbeaten record of 5 fights 4 KO,s he already looks like he has all the tools to emerge as a huge threat to the current champions. I do not remember seeing a fighter look so self assured and talented this early in their career, so Josh is my top tip for 2018 and the one to watch from the UK.Ryan Garcia
I have to say though although I’m a very proud Brit at the moment as our little island is producing a constant chain of world class fighters but the one watch from the other side of the Atlantic this year for me is a young guy by the name of Ryan’ Kingry’ Garcia with a record of 13 fights 12 KO,s in the Super Featherweight division the speed and power of this Californian fighter is unbelievable in patches and although this is one of boxing's hot divisions with the likes of Lomachenko holding the gold just keep an eye on this young man and at only 19 he is one of Golden boys hottest prospects and I really think he will become a legend in this sport. If you have not seen this boy please get on your phone, laptop, tablet or whatever and get searching.These are my 4 prospects for 2018 let’s see how they fair! Well thank you for taking time to read my post and I will see you all soon! Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment